Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Can > Go Ahead > Perfect

I thoroughly enjoyed my day today.
Away from the office…but still working from home :)
But at least I’m far away from all of the clusters and retail chaotic :)



The launch of the Adidas ‘Me, Myself’ ad campaign couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m at the stage of my life where a change is at hand. Life really threw a curveball at me over the last 8 months; and I believe it’s just a sign that its time to move on. There will be lots of changes in 2009 in all aspects of my life.
When I saw the ad – I understand that the ‘Me Time’ is not just about doing things alone, it’s about dedicating that small bracket of time in the day doing something which will enrich my life. It could be like taking a 30 minutes jog around the neighborhood, a long hot bath or even a movie with friends. ‘Me Time’ is like a permission to myself to be selfish; in a good way of course. It’s a chance for me to learn to do things alone. To savor freedom and independence. And to listen to my inner voice for a change. Lately, I’ve learnt to enjoy the solitude and margins of my emotions; and it’s amazing how much you can learn about yourself when you have no one to depend or rely on. You start to think about how you are becoming the person you want to be; and the necessary adjustments you have to make for that to happen. I read somewhere that “solitude today is less available and yet more necessary than ever” and I couldn’t agree with it more.
I think the ‘Me Time’ will bring in the much needed balance in my life; and will helped me to be more honest with myself. Somehow the world and everything around me seems less urgent, and more manageable.
Strong. Loving. Full of happiness. Little projects around the house. Big adventures in new places. Meaningful conversations about things that matter. Daily giggles about random silliness. Delicious food and healthy living. Long hugs. Quiet moments. Lots of laughter. Mutual adoration, honesty and support. The highest regard for each other. And a passion for living.

No comments: