Sunday, October 18, 2009

a cup of love


Meet Joyce Wong!
A hot, petite, pixie-face chick; with attitude who seemed to party non-stop! :) And her hair...I love her short, punky and rock 'do. I didn't know that short hair can come in so many styles and I salute Joyce for being able to carry them effortlessly.
A few months back, I stumbled across a very hip, happening & interesting blog - KinkyBlueFairy. After popping in and out of her site, I've found myself quite entertained and deeply fascinated - for me it's like seeing how the other side lives. Ah, so that's what real party girls get up to! What a jam-packed life! She has so much energy. And I love her fashionable outfits. But I will never wear any of them! :) Dare not!
Joyce's pet project is Tongue In Chic - a very cool fashion blog that is based in Malaysia. It is such a cool platform for the shopholics, the local new & upcoming fashion designers & buyers, the media, the youths, the bloggers and the communities. It's definitely a regular stop for anyone who wants to keep in touch with fashion in the Asia region. I just love the range of stuff that she and her team covers. Everything from fashion shows, fashion events, bargain hunting, the latest trends, sales, designers, fashion ideas, fashion scouting trips in Hong Kong, Bangkok, China, the many media events, product launching, communication & branding conferences, social parties and many more. So damn happening!
To me, she come across as someone who is ambitious, fearless, inspiring and original. It's fascinating to read another person's detailed account of their life (what's more a life that is totally a different facet from mine) and then how that someone was at her lowest point, pick up her pieces, moves forward and then triumph in such a spectacular way! Her mix of dedication, professionalism and vision is clearly reflected in the quality of her writtings, the life that she is living in, her visions and perhaps the styling of her brand.
Sadly, Joyce has decided to resigned from TIC as Managing Editor last week to embark on new adventures but will still contribute to TIC on a freelance basis. Good luck :)
I've alway been a believer in doing what you're passionate about, expressing yourself how it bubbles out of you best, dressing how you feel for the day and brave from being a typical stereotype - Joyce

No comments: