Sunday, May 02, 2010

“Reclaiming Me”

Bonus Payout - peanuts amount :( I'm getting more demotivated. I lost everything. What to do...I didn't meet my KPIs. I was the lowest among the rest :( Maybe this is a sign...indicating...it's time to move on...I have to let go of this fight and fight my battles somewhere else. I'm really happy for the rest of the team because they truly deserve it all after all of the hard work that they have put in for the past one year...and yes; I do get envious...I admit it...a lot...but the truth is, that is a very natural human reaction.
Many are shy and in denial to admit that they are envious of others. However, there is a green-eye monster in most of us, whether we like to acknowledge it or not. It is easy to be envious of something or someone because there will always be a certain thing in our life which we will want at some point but can never be obtain. Be it a physical object, material item, a certain someone, an event that occured to someone or a characteristic that we do not have but want. As far as I am concerned, as long as we don't let the green-eye monster consume us so much, envy enables us to learn many things about ourselves and to push ourselves to work harder & smarter. Use envy as a positive tool.

2 comments:

cfm said...

green eyed monster definitely exists in all of us.

sigh. at my work, there's no more bonus pay....even if i meet my kpis. =( recession is in motion.

maybe we've hit the plateau? and it's time to move on to something better and greener....

fallen_again said...

yeah truly agree with you... I have a super bad green eyed monster inside of me... as long as the envy/jealousy bring out the positive in you i.e make you work harder or better.. then it is fine.. though it is hard to channel any positive into that mean green eyed monster...

yeah plateau is what it is... i'm facing something similar too... maybe we all should move start looking for a move... :)

have a nice day yingze...