Sunday, May 02, 2010

my search

The novel is set in Afghanistan, then later in America; focusing on the lives of two boys and an event that changes their lives forever. Interesting, engaging, entertaining, remarkable, moving and humbling.

Overall, the whole book completely floored me. It hit me close to home. The characters are truly inspiring - to anyone. I despise Amir's cowardness, I respect Hassan's unwavering faithfulness & ever generous forgiving gesture and I simply adore little Sohrab's audacity. It's about living life with passion, loyalty, honesty and courage. It's about surviving and thriving. It is written in a very straight-forward style. Short, strong sentences, with lots of punch. Which I liked. The writer did well (again) and I didn't find myself bored once :)

No comments: