Saturday, October 08, 2011

Brilliant Legacy

I hope that when I go into the office on next week Monday morning – the traffic situation is already back to normal. What a shock that I faced when for the first time, there was a massive traffic jam starting from the Glenmarie exit, all the way to SS16 Subang. I hope by Monday that the police have already clear out and open up the road for a smoother flow. It's really annoying to be stuck in a jam when going to work in the morning and coming back from work late in the evening. Seriously, I really hate jam. Thank GOD, I worked nearby. I would have gone nutty if my work place were in PJ, Damansara, Cheras, KL or anywhere else that is far and jam. On the first day, when the incident happens...the traffic were so bad, it was just standing still...Victoria, Ling & myself decide to chill out at Skewers with cranberry juice & tiramisu until the traffic flows got better.

The damage to the Empire Shopping Gallery is really bad. Some said it was like an earthquake which hit the building…I say it look more like ala terrorist attack. But actually the source of the blast was from a gas pipe leak from a restaurant in one of the basement premises which cause the blast at 3.45am. Nearly the entire stretch of the front portion of the newly-built mall was blown out, damaging a number of cafes, restaurants and clothing stores including Tangs & Starbucks Coffee. Many tenants were badly affected by it and the 1 year old shopping mall is temporarily shut down until further notice. And 1 interesting finding that emerge from this incident was that the building was only given a temporary CF (Certificate of Fitness). However, the Mall Management stated that the damage was extensive, with 5 floors being affected but strongly asserted that the building’s structure is still intact. I really like this mall, it has a very good mixture of food & beverage tennants and a very good selection of branded clothing stores. No doubt, the space is small, thus limiting the number of assortments that it can carry, but nonetheless, the basics are there. The one thing that I dislike about Empire is its parking space. I find it small, crampy, confusing and a lot of pillars in between.

Nonetheless, Thank GOD – the explosion did not happen during the day time…the injury count would have been much higher and more serious if the explosion did occurred during business hours. I used to go there during weekdays for lunch and leisurely meal during the weekends. I could have…die…you know. Life is fragile and so scarily short.

No comments: