Sunday, October 16, 2011

Houston, we have a little problem here

Tin Min drop da’ bomb.
Rufus drop da’bomb.
October is the month where I bade my farewell to this 2 gentleman :( They were simply amazing to be with. Full of fun and laughter. I swear we almost couldn’t get enough of each other. The only sad thing I felt was that Rufus left the company as a bitter man. Rufus & Juan Carlos cannot see eye-to-eye with each other on many issues. Both of them just cannot agree with each other working styles and business directions. It have come to an extent where Juan Carlos don't even trust Rufus with the business. They have a very complicated and difficult moments together but I guess that these things happen in the corporate world where there is a lack of chemistry & understanding between the boss & the employee...and that at certain moments, regardless of the talent that you have, it is your time to leave the company or leave the industry overall and life still goes on.

Now, there is only Stewart & myself left in Team Baz. There was this moment where I felt so alone...so lonely...when Rufus walk out of that door. Everyone have left. There are so many newbies around, majority of them coming from the English.

It also reinforce to me that everyone is replaceable, it is important to do an honest work everyday and to be a better individual.

It was a wakeup call for me to be a better person at work and also in life. Because what goes around comes around. I realized that I have always been judgmental and opinionated. I was self righteous and in many many occasions, I thought I knew it all. How many times have I been quick to say someone was a retard...or an idiot...or an asshole...or an irritant...or a bitch...or brainless in my heart silently? Did I always stop to consider if those criticisms were fair? Did I ever stop and look at myself and see how I was being rude and nasty instead? Now that I’m in a more matured position, I don’t want to be that way anymore. I don’t want to be so high strung...so hard on people and on things...so quick to jump to conclusions...so critical and so unforgiving...and I don’t want to behave like I know it all anymore. Well, at least not all the time :) Being in a leadership position is difficult and I want to assume the responsibilities gracefully. And to me, it starts first in our attitude...then in behaviour...and lastly in appearance. Being gracious, kind and tolerant is eventually what I hope for. I would hate to be cranky and angry all the time. It's a huge challenge to remain compose all the time while devising ways for the whole team to acknowledge, to buy into, to believe in and to accept my business visions, business strategies, business plans, business ideas & business solutions. It is even tougher to rally them around, to bring out the best in them and to get them to work collectively as an efficient system.

So yeah, their departure was a blessing in disguise. It makes me want to be a better person, to keep on improving & fine-tuning myself.

No comments: