Sunday, October 09, 2011

The Pink Promise

Majestic Grande, Sukhumvit, Bangkok – I wish I was there for a good holiday, nope…instead I was there for a business trip together with Juan Carlos and we stayed in this stylish boutique hotel for 3 whole nights. This hotel comes with 251 rooms and is located in the heart of Bangkok truly lives up to its given name. The Majestic Grande enjoys a convenient central location; it is close to all of the major embassies, banks, shopping & entertainment districts, it has easy access to the ultra modern Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS Skytrain) which is linked to the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT Underground) system, it is also well-link to Sukhumvit Road, Rama IV Roads and onto the elevated highway networks.

I like how the hotel’s exterior and interior architecture & designs which combines Thai contemporary décor and state-of-the-art modern technology with a warmth & comfort of hospitality which is uniquely Thai. My room 2106 was a Grande Superior (28sq.m.) room. I have a king-size bed (which is kind of too big for me) and a 29” TV :) The floorings are made of a rich tropical hardwood and polished granite. I have a panoramic view of the city. Also, there is this medium-size executive professional practical writing desk and the bathroom is lavishly appointed and beautifully equipped.

I must admit, I’ve never stayed in such a large and luxurious room before…some more alone…all by myself :) I was terrified and thrilled at the same time. At first, I gingerly crept around, thinking eeek!, and didn’t dare to touch anything. Then I decided to JUST GET OVER IT YINGZE – and had a nice hot shower, sit on the couch, with my big fluffy pajamas, feet up, watching football matches & movies that are available. The only thing that was missing was eating a fine dinner brought up to me by the excellent room service. Sigh, then on Thursday; it was time for me to say goodbye and go back to KL. Home sweet home. I came back to a relaxed and happy household in Shah Alam - and it felt so good :) I missed my bed and my bolster :) I’m always glad to be home again.

No comments: