Thursday, November 09, 2017

Meet in Rain




On Tuesday, G13 has its annual Sales Conference @ Setia Convention Center. From its usual 2 days program – it was compacted into 1. This year, G13 outsource it to a third party…we have this flamboyant Dato’ Dr Lawrence Walter Ng & his angels as our trainer for that day. It was fun, very refreshing to level up our energy…but as Uncle Andy pointed out…G13 still did not state the strategies for 2018 and how to achieve them…for me, it was about systematic behavior correction & coordination…hahaha…

So, in one of the sessions…we were suppose to thank our team members…so, Ursula & myself approach each other…I mention thank you to her…Ursula said that I came back; but not back to Merchandising…I replied back – that it’s time to move out from the comfort zone and learn a new set of skills…which Ursula agree and I complimented that she is a fighter herself…from holding such a big Appliance portfolio previously, later on; being downgraded by Maximoff into looking after the Toys Category…

Yes, I’m back to G13 to move out from my comfort zone…to learn a new set of skills…for the good salary increment…I don’t want to lie here…at times, I am still clueless on what I am doing; as compared to being a buyer…but then again, I have been a buyer for the last 12 years…it have become routine. Yes, job fulfillment & job satisfaction is only so - so. Of course, additionally, the Trade Planning department in G13 is newly formed, the roles are not clearly defined yet, it’s not structured embedded in as well…but I can see that the unit is slowly being birthing out…so, I just have to wait for God to work on it then…

No comments: