Monday, January 08, 2018

The Floating Landscape




Today Marcus share this with me…Sörenstam feels that both Mr. Horton’s Secretary & myself are M…holders of the managers title…yet we are doing administrative work…of course lah…no admin assistant also…I get Sörenstam's point of view…we are in Marketing…we need to speak out…loud, boldly & confident…doing lots of presentations...but then again, if we don't start with the basics and do the homework, how are we going to convince the Merchandising Team to buy into our plans...I also don’t denied, I am probably a disappointment to Sörenstam as well…it’s just that…well, I have been a buyer for 12 years…so, when I come on board, I automatically know what I need to do…but in Trade Planning, this is something new for me…as though Sörenstam got provide any guidelines to us…Sörenstam inputs nothing at all…Sörenstam is also not an expert in the commercial part of marketing…Sörenstam’s strength lies in the look & feel of the creativity aspect…to be honest, very thankful to have Marcus because Marcus manage to anchor the whole thing so far…it’s basically the 3 of us trying to grasp the whole structure around…the leadership team expects us to play a more commercial & leading role in running the business yet the merchants see us as a promotion coordinator only…the alignment is disconnected. But nonetheless, I will learn, I will adapt, I will fit in into the bigger picture of things and I will for sure level up my game…

No comments: