Saturday, August 22, 2020

Whack-A-Mole

 



God, You are good and all You do is good.

Whack-A-Mole - where plastic moles pop up from their holes and the players hits them wildly with a mallet.

Life comes at us like that at times. The apostle Paul certainly could relate. He said - I know what it is to be in need yet he'd learned the secret of being content in any & every situation. His secret? I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

When I was going through a particularly discontented time, I read this on a greeting card: If it isn't here, where is it?. That was a powerful reminder that if i'm not content here and now, what makes me think I'd be if only I were in another situation?

How do we learn to rest in Jesus? Maybe it's a matter of focus.
Of enjoying and being thankful for the good.
Of learning more about a faithful Father.
Of growing in trust and patience.
Of recognizing that life is about God and not me.
Of asking Him to teach me contentment in Him.

No comments: