Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Lazy List Of Fives

Tommy bought me a birthday lunch…the both of us chill out together in Coffee Bean…we spend hours talking…we don’t give each other advice or counseling, we just talk and talk and talk and talk…and then finish off with a big laugh! It’s so good for the soul :)
Conversations revolved around our ex-colleagues and managers, new faces, our own work although I’m still skeptical about providing too much information.

Work Tales - funny how life turns out in such a short space of time >> First, Fredrik called Haakon & myself up the other day; inviting us to re-join the company again…because...The Bitch & Mei Yin jointly resigned! Shocking! I nearly fainted! :) The next big surprise is that Guillermo will be joining the team plus former employees Stephanie & Kelly! Oh my gosh! What prompted this sudden move?! It’s like the new team storming in and getting rid of the old team!

Less than a week later, Pietro left the English’s camp within 24 hours! Comments are unreachable at the moment. But apparently the resignation is due to a rift with Boss who awarded the ‘Amber’ code (which is equivalent to a D grade) in Pietro’s appraisal. Woah!

Thirdly, Juan has been very unhappy under Atticus and is eyeing for a lateral transfer to another division but Atticus refuse to let Juan off the hook until there is a permanent replacement. Tommy suggested that I should take this opportunity to return home. I would go home if I knew where home is :(

With Guillermo & Pietro gone and with Pierre Andre who will be leaving for London soon, Boss & Haakon called Celtic and myself up to fill in the MerchPlan post ASAP.

Conclusion: I’m Lost! Perhaps I need to start anew? Again?
My current work is good…is just that I don’t want to be under Celtic anymore…am very dissapointed with the leadership, focus & strategies of the top manangement. So where does that leave me? It’s such a complex issue. I’m not so sure what I’m supposed to do anymore.

I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble,
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray.
(Tears And Rain > James Blunt)

No comments: