Sunday, August 28, 2011

Boys Over Flowers

This morning I have a hot Cadbury Chocolate 3-in-1 drink and Apple Strudel from Corica Pastries specially flown in from Aberdeen Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia yesterday for breakfast. (This is thanks to my Baby Sis who embark on a 3 weeks holiday adventure in Down Under).

I know it’s a bit silly, but I find that today’s breakfast actually makes me feel really good :) This famous apple strudel is made of layers of crispy pastry with generous amount of apple fillings and custard in between, topped with a thin layer of caramelized sugar. This apple strudel is best eaten hot, right from the oven…but mine is already a bit soggy but the custard and the chunks of apple in it is still delicious. Even though it was more than 36 hours since the apple strudel left the bakery, it was still awesomely delicious! Not overly rich nor too sweet, it was wholesome and definitely very fulfilling. It still look and taste the same when I last tried it in 2005. And I still can’t find such a good apple strudel here in KL that could rival Corica's.

No comments: