Sunday, May 11, 2014

Camp David

Email from Ursula:

Dear J___,

Appreciate in future any email correspondence to stores, please include me as I also wanted to know what happy thing happening in stationery.

:( At first, I did include Ursula in the email loop, then she criticized me that my email is like a karangan, too lengthy. The store people will have no time in reading them. Then, I improvise it further by writing down the points in bullet point form. Ursula still criticized me…she commented - who wants to read…too much of information. So from there, I only put Ursula in the email loop on an on-and-off-basis. If I see there is a need, I will include her in. If I can skip her over, I will. Now, Ursula wants to be back in the loop after one of the store people reply my email and cc to her. I know the email is extensive; but at least my store team know what to focus on over the week, what are the future promotions lines; so that they can check on stock availability, anticipate future space planning display, how is their department's sales progress compare to their peers, which category that is doing well, which category that is not doing so well & need further reinforcement, sharing of good practices in terms of merchandise display & location. I don’t know how much this will impact my store team, but for those who takes the initiative & worried about their sales, this email serves as a very good positive reporting tool. It works for me.

So, shall I include Ursula back in? :) Nah...I am not taking her above comments as a compliment…I smell sarcasm there :)

No comments: