Sunday, May 04, 2014

knitted dude




Dear Ursula,

You mention to me the other day that I am not highly motivated to speak out…thus, permission to speak out now…I know that I talk a lot on my plans, there is the structure but there is no action plan to be seen. However, I will try to execute on it right now. The first quarter of this year was to implement and execute the monthly MOR replenishment report, touching on the top categories of Pen, File, Book & Paper categories. I remember that I told you that the results are still too early to tell…however with your experience with Auto/DIY, you were very sure that the results were already there. Because you believe by doing something different compare to last year, results (whether are good or bad) will be there. And yes, again you are right. And now that everything is already stabilize and auto-pilot on its own…I know that I will just need to focus on these key drivers as my leaflet builders and to build up my third group of categories. After all, the stationery department is a make-up of multiple slices of cake to become 1 cake. I also look at the wrong angle previously. I thought that I should look at it from the item codes point of view…by right, I should be looking at it from the categories and suppliers point of view too. I know that I should not pointed out to you that you are also very kelam-kabut – but if you did notice, the first quarter of the year, you were very consistent, very sure of yourself, very decisive…but when it comes to – what’s next – you run scatter all around the place. If you are running scattering all over the place, how am I (the co-pilot) know where you are heading to. I don’t know whether I should accelerate or to remain still.

During this period of discovering & experimentation – I understand your frustration with me. The performance & results have not been what you are used to or expected of. And I both understand and share your dissatisfaction. I have always believed that an individual never stops learning during his/her career and I know that I will take invaluable experience from my time here. I know that you detest prima donnas, moaners and the weak-minded. I also know that I should trust you more. You won't bring me to Holland.

So, with effective tomorrow - I am just going to try my very best, I will step out, I will move forward – let’s see how the journey begins, how the journey travels along the way and how the journey will ends :) I know that I won’t achieve it all. But hey, life would be a direction-less blur if we didn’t set any goals for ourselves, so I’m going to at least try.

Sincerely,
J___

No comments: