Sunday, May 04, 2014

Us Versus Them




Dear Ursula,

If you want to over-write me, please do so. I am very sure that when you does over-write me, you are not doing it for the sake of doing it, you are doing it because you have to…based on your wisdom, your logic and your rationality. My only small request is that when you change the line selections; for example…please do inform me earlier…I will go into the general folder and make the necessary changes…because if you didn’t inform me, I will not be able to learn, I will not be able to understand your point of view, I cannot see your vision. I have already given you the assurance since the beginning that you will be in the driver’s seat. I hit a brick wall since I arrived, I am bringing this department to nowhere, as a matter of fact it got worst…therefore, now you have to step in, intervene and bring it to somewhere. I made mistakes with the strategies, the tactics, the suppliers, the store team, fellow colleagues - I played badly, that's my responsibility. I know that we are at the highest level in the business where such errors are punished. I know that you are a very ambitious person. You want the department to achieve, you want your buyers to achieve. You will be at the planning until you go to bed. You not only expect us to exceed expectations, but you also demand an incredibly high output from yourself too. I know that this job for you is continual. You live and breathe for buying. You study it, you look on how it can be better, for how you can continue moving forward. I still don’t know and unsure whether you are good or bad. You probably didn’t show me your true colors yet because you know that people from the outside are looking in…but I can say that your performance so far have been very good to me because I have learn lots from you and you have fulfill your responsibility as a boss to the maximum. I am most impressed with your opposition analysis, a full review of the previous action plans and the various catch-ups on the current & upcoming projects. It is only me that is stubborn who wants to stick to the old working ways, refuse to change, my lack of passion & believing and my poor execution finishes.

If you have to bash me up like how you did to Christy – please do so then. Bash me right, left, up, down…bash me as hard as you want…I admit that I am your worst student thus far...nonetheless, I am open to your new way of learning and doing things. You mention that you won’t bad mouth me…I too; will not bad mouth you back. And I also promised that I won’t cry.

Sincerely,
J___

No comments: