Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Once & Future King




I think I kena con by both Celtic & Stewart…hahaha…

I am actually handling the Kicthenware, Tableware & Disposableware categories. Total contribution only RM20 million. Last time, back in G13 – my stationery category already generate a total of RM45 million in sales turnover yearly.

So, both Celtic & Stewart decide to add on the Home Arrangement category into my portfolio as well. I don’t know whether they have pre-plan on it earlier or they just thought about it after I arrive.

I don’t know whether this is to overload me…or to ensure that my portfolios justify my salary…or to help me to show my performance better to the top management…

Well – I take it as a time of Preparation & Protection for me.
Bicycle, Camping, Sports, Nautism, Live Plants, Live Pets, Furniture, Luggage, Toys & Stationery.
Of course…I am not like Miguel or Juan Valentine that gets to be promoted up in the corporate retail ladder…my career development in terms of position is kind of flat…but in terms of managing the total GMS or Bazaar business – again, I thank God for the abundance of experience and for placing me in where I am today.

I think Stewart also don’t want to overload me too much as well…Stewart tells me to settle everything down first and gradually pick up Home Arrangement from there. I also agree with the plan. Settle the Hari Raya Trade Plan as quickly as possible, same goes to the assortment review, then pick it up from Wayne and guide Wayne too. So, right now the focus, the energy and most importantly, the discipline is to get this major homework done as fast as possible, be swift & decisive is the decision making process and to do less menial work.

I think Stewart has been very generous in not being forceful at all time and I feel Stewart is there, as a gentle guidance really for me.

No comments: