Thursday, March 31, 2016

What’s Happening!?

I certainly don't have the answers to it. WHY? :(

We must accept that one of the fundamental principles of the Christian life is the truth that there will be many times when God will work things out in a manner exactly opposite to the way we think He should. If I had been taught this in the early days of my Christian life, it would have saved me from many spiritual struggles. Most of my perplexities arose because I failed to realize that I was dealing with a mind that is omniscient – that God’s mind is not like my mind.

The ways of God are inscrutable, His mind is infinite and eternal and His purposes are beyond understanding. When we are dealing with such a great and mighty God it should not surprise us that He allows things to happen which we find perplexing. If we insist that everything in life should be plain, we shall soon find ourselves in the state in which the psalmist found himself – full of doubt, disillusionment and fear.

It is not foolish or wrong to say – I don’t know what is happening. It is only foolish to say – God doesn’t know what is happening.

No comments: