Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Best Beginnings




Yesterday, met up with a supplier…husband & wife team…Barry & Co…so Captain Johnson, Stewart, Mrs. Simon & myself sat in…wah, the suppliers really hentam Mrs. Simon to the max. I didn’t feel pity for Mrs. Simon…instead I kind of felt that Mrs. Simon deserve it…Stewart was also obviously siding Mrs. Simon as well…I guess the reason that I didn’t feel pity for Mrs. Simon is because I inherited a department that is so shitty because of Mrs. Simon poor decision making choices. Come to think of it…correct me if I am wrong…Stewart should also take the blame as well…I know that Stewart trust the buyers but certain accountability and responsibilities have to take back the control as well. So in the end Mrs. Simon got cry. I still think that Mrs. Simon deserves it. Evil me.

Later on, Stewart did tell me that Stewart is aware of this Mrs. Simon weaknesses…got inform Mrs. Simon before…I only reply Stewart back…reinforcement. That is why the one-to-one session is so important. It is not about sales, numbers and figures. It’s about character development. What area that needs to be build on, what weaknesses that needs to be corrected. I really miss Ursula & Tommy. Being a buyer, it requires another set of skills, being a manager or a leader also requires another set of skills. I really came back this time…with a whole lot of different perspective on everything and everyone :)

No comments: