Sunday, May 08, 2016

Ginger Mafia




TGIF, The Curve >> meet up with Tommy & Zurick over lunch. Gossip sharing :)

(1) Tommy is seriously looking for a job now. Got go to a Korean electronics company for an interview, but they cannot afford to pay. Ouch!

(2) Brian – my replacement back in G13…started out as a Management Trainee with The English, then Brian left and join the supplier side. When Brian left The English, Brian did not leave with a good reputation. Brian is gay, just life Fendi. As per Zurick observation & interaction with Brian…Brian is really not that detailed, take things for granted, unreachable and not sure on how to run the Stationery business.

(3) Now moving to Harriet…Zurick commented that Harriet is now more aggressive & ambitious with The Japanese compare to when Harriet was with The English. Harriet is very particular with the job title, Harriet wants to perform & deliver results and most importantly, Harriet wants to be promoted up. With The English, it is harder to get that promotion because the buyers have to get a recommendation from their superiors and have to sit through many exams before they can be promoted.

(4) Tommy is on the same wavelength as Stewart – Harriet is indeed not there yet.

(5) I am quite surprise that Harriet involves me in Harriet’s conversation with Zurick. Harriet feels that Stewart and Jonas will be comfortable with me but Captain Johnson will prefer Harriet.

(6) Tommy also wants Harriet to do well too…Tommy said that if Tommy were Jonas…Tommy will give a free hand to Harriet because if Harriet does well…Jonas will look well too. This is because at the moment, Harriet has to find a balance between what Harriet wants to do versus the resistance from Jonas. Jonas & Leonardo are the same type of people. They are very comfortable in their own zones and do not want to changed the status quo to be more relevant with the market.

(7) Harriet is very well-trained by The English.

(8) Tommy thinks that I more likeable compare to Harriet. But I also pointed out – likeable is one thing, substance must also have.

(9) Tommy thinks that I have the potential to move up; it’s just that because I never have the opportunity to do so and I never try. Actually, I also was once a Division Manager before…I have William & Henry under me.

(10) Tommy asks me whether Celtic & Stewart can help me to move up or not. Hmm…but I did told Tommy on what I think about Celtic. I went back with a different perspective on Celtic this time around. For Tommy…Celtic is just stubborn and not professional.

(11) I enjoy these kind of conversation with Tommy…having somebody…like a mentor on how to manage and move up; be it in a professional or personal capacity…this Celtic…everything is about Celtic…big house lah, big car lah, scolding suppliers lah…OMG…Celtic is showing off...not sharing...

(12) Rupa-rupanya...Tommy is very close with Juan Valentine. No wonder…when Tommy left G13…Tommy ask me whether I am interested or not to join Tommy…Kenneth – which is Juan Valentine's the other half have requested for me…at that point of time…I was wondering…how on earth did Kenneth know me…Tommy just answered me that I am very popular…rupa-rupanya…is because of Juan Valentine.

(13) Juan Valentine is no longer in the Apparel Department…doing the multichannel online platform now.

(14) There are 4 companies that are applying for VSS right now – The English, G13, a local player and the fourth one…people out there is speculating that is is The Japanese. Ohh ohh…

(15) Tommy only give me a good reminder…invest your time on people that can move you up…I don’t know lah…I just want to be honest, sincere & genuine. I want to do my work with passion & enthusiasm. Be hardworking, be humble, be honest. God will provide the rest. There is a season for everything. Now it’s the season for preparation & protection.

No comments: