Sunday, May 19, 2019

An Alternative To Worry




Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

When problems are on the horizon for us, maybe we can try the following two-step approach.

Take action and trust in God. If we can do something to avoid the problem, let’s try that route. We can pray for God to guide us to an action we should take.

But if there’s nothing we can do, we can take comfort in knowing that God never finds Himself in such a predicament. He can always act on our behalf. We can always turn our situation over to Him in trust & confidence.

When it feels like time to worry, may we turn to the inspired words of King David, who faced his own share of difficulties and worries, but concluded: Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. What a great alternative to worry.

Father, You know what faces me today. I am turning my cares over to You. Please strengthen me and help me to trust You with the struggles I face.

No comments: