Sunday, June 11, 2023

Våler videregående skole, Våler


So, with God's courage & grace...I invited Miss Chew to the meeting room to have a conversation...after Aidan have officially left the office building...and I also have not shared this piece of conversation with anyone else...I told Miss Chew...that this is a very hard conversation and we must have it...in response; Miss Chew said that Miss Chew was glad that we have this conversation...we practically track down the chronology of events...nonetheless...I took everything that Miss Chew have said with a pinch of salt...

A week before the acquisition, Miss Chew did call Mayor...Mayor advise Miss Chew not to come back...ok; tally with Mayor's statement that Mayor will advise Miss Chew not to come back...by then Miss Chew was already pissed off with Mayor...because when Miss Chew wants to resign last year...Mayor stop Miss Chew and advise Miss Chew to take sabbatical leave instead...and now Mayor advise Miss Chew not to come back...so, in the first place, might as well let Miss Chew leave...hmm, on Mayor's aide; for whatever the reason that Mayor might have...that was a selfish call to me...

Miss Chew mention that Miss Chew comes back this time is to explore a different role, Miss Chew did not want the Marketing Head role...this one, I don't really buy...if indeed it is true...why Miss Chew don't just gave an outright truthful answer in the first place when we meet up with the HR Director and the new owners...I can only thank God for He have been guarding over me from the very beginning...because I suspect when Miss Chew begin to see the light of defeat...Miss Chew makes a detour on Miss Chew's actions & statement... 

Miss Chew mention that I am the right person to lead the team...as the new owners are very trade-oriented...I believe the both of us are both winners & losers at the same time...Miss Chew lose the position but Miss Chew won; as in Miss Chew will not have to make any difficult decisions on behalf of the team...I won where I get to learn new things but I lost because I have to take the accountability & responsibility of the team now.

During Miss Chew's sabbatical...Miss Chew did not pursue any job opportunities; instead it was a time of self-reflection...I am not sure how much Miss Chew have change...old habits die hard...hahaha...

We both agree that The Mayor did not manage this well...putting everyone in an emotional turmoil...but looking back, I guess The Mayor already did...the announcement to the team, the handover deck...it is only whether Mayor got inform Miss Chew or not...the new owners & the HR Director's announcement...both the new owners & the HR Director just let things unfold...I guess...its the 3 parties that should have shared the message across to Miss Chew. And the effort was just not enough...    

Anyway, during this transition period...political play for sure will be there...if I am the recognized one...then why; when Aidan sent out the email to everyone (and why it is not The Mayor who sent?)...Aidan is being apprehend by the HR Director...I could only think of, they (both the HR Director & The Mayor) knew that Miss Chew is insisting on coming back (even though they have advised Miss Chew not to)...perhaps they both are afraid that Miss Chew can or will take any legal actions against them...

Miss Chew also shared that Miss Chew have another conversation with the new owners; also say the same message...that Miss Chew want to explore another new role...

Nonetheless...let's play by ear...I can only seek God, pray to God to guide me in stewarding all of this in the days ahead... 

No comments: