Tuesday, January 18, 2011

in my blood

Team Baz is back! Yes, that’s right. In March 2010, the French Top Management makes a shocking announcement that they will split Team App, Baz & Tex into Team HardLine & Team SoftLine. It was a first for the Malaysia operations. And then 10 months later; in January 2011, the French Top Management decide to re-structure back Team HardLine & Team SoftLine to Team App, Baz & Tex. Seriously, these French bosses got nothing better to do is it? And we will be getting a new Director too. Nonetheless, I am very pleased with this new & unexpected announcement. I was so pleased, in fact, I was glowing with pride :)

The last 10 months, I have seen so many of my fellow colleagues left for greener pastures. First it was Trix who decide to work in Singapore, then Iron Butterfly was transferred back to our Singapore operations, followed by the resignations of Patrick, Matte-Marit, Natalie and finally Wendy. I get to know this bunch of people, whom I wouldn’t have otherwise met. And hey, they’re actually nice & good people. They’ve inspired me in more ways than they will know. These are the talented people who have subconsciously influenced, shaped and changed the way I approach life. It was also Team Baz’s darkest hour too. We were neglected and being treated like a stepchild. Truth to be told, not many people care about us anymore. We were left to fend for ourselves; we do not have a leader who is in charge of us. During month-end closing, no one wants to step up to take the responsibilities. Even Snow Petrol hesitates for a while before having the courage and being hands-on to look at the financial figures. Team Baz waited way far too long for this full reunion and in between all that waiting, so many things have changed hands.

Now Team Baz is such a lean structure and understaffed too – only left Rufus, Celtic, Damian and myself. Stewart & Christine will be park permanently under Team App while Tin Min will join Team Tex. The good news is that Rufus have been rescued out. Due to some unknown reasons, Rufus have been put in cold storage for a while and now Rufus is back. Again, it is going to take up a lot of our time & energy to build Team Baz back into its zaman kegemilangan. With such a structure back in place, one thing for sure; the synergy, the integration & the coordination is back. Compare to previously, we are so kelam-kabut. And I know given the time & opportunity, Team Baz will deliver and reinforce its position again as the Number 1 team in the Non-Food Section. We are passionate about our business, we have all these ideas, we each have our fortes and we will have fun doing it. Each member in Team Baz have a 3-in-1 characteristics – Passion, Personality and Perseverance. Oh, trust me; I could go on and on all day long on how amazing Team Baz is.

I also thank GOD that I have gotten the promotion early as well. Thank you to Celtic for the interferences and to Snow Petrol for making the decisions. Right now, Damian & myself will be put under Celtic’s charge. Everything is going to be brand new :)

No comments: