Sunday, January 16, 2011

share my world

Well, for starters; I have started to see signs of my memory deterioration and I’m panicking :(

I’ve got a serious case of baby brain. Really. I used to be able to remember EVERYTHING. I didn’t even need a planner or an organizer to remember all of my appointments at work, what items that I will be advertising in each new mailer or items that already have been advertised in the previous catalogues, action plans with the suppliers & the store team, the contents of each supplier’s contract, the dates of current & up-coming roadshows with different suppliers at different stores and the problems/issues that each store is facing. But these days I CANNOT survive without my pad of Post-It Notes. I’m embarrassed to say I always walk into the office with a to-do-list now. Otherwise I am bound to forget to do something. I used to make the excuse that I was distracted. But after a while, I kind of figured out that there weren’t that many distractions. It’s not the beach, you know. And I’m only 28!


So if I don’t lock down my memories and my experiences right now, I can bet my money on it that I would not be able to remember those important moments, feelings and I would have think that I had led a crappy life when I’m old and wrinkly. The society does not need one more whiney old woman who thinks that her life is shit.

No comments: