Sunday, June 30, 2013

China Champ

Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD – this is my third working trip :)
Begining of this month, I drop by at Ningbo, China. Ningbo is the 7th city of China that I have visited thus far. It is not a commercial nor a tourism province but more of an industrial province. I was there with Leonardo to visit 2 Stationery suppliers showroom whom provide supplies to international retailers such as Tesco, Wal-Mart, Carrefour, Target, Woolsworth etc. It was fascinating. Stationery, of course is just a stationery at the end of the day but you get to see how these retailers keep on changing the packaging, the prints, the colors, the combination to come out with something new. To make stationery like a culture, moving towards a lifestyle concept. Again, Leonardo’s taste and mine are totally different, we are never on the same side, always on the other side; opposing each other – but nonetheless, I play it to Leonardo’s whim & fancy. Too tired to reciprocate & rebel :)

There was no direct flight to Ningbo, so we have to stop by at Guangzhou, there was also a delay from AirAsia which I felt that they did not handle the matter properly. The crew should have explain why and give us an estimated waiting time instead of having us sitting down not knowing how long to wait. Upon reaching Guangzhou, we had our lunch and do a local market survey in a local store, then it was on board the flight to Ningbo, which also have another delay. I even fell asleep and the funniest thing is that when I have woken up, I thought that the plane is already on mid-air – mana tahu, the plane is still grounded to the ground :) We haven’t even taken off yet. Ningbo is famous for its seafood and I ate a lot of seafood that week. It’s like my 1 year seafood supply consumption. I was a little bit worried. I didn’t want to end up like last year when I was holidaying in Kunming, Dali & Lijiang, China where I was down with food poisoning. I was vomiting lots, admitted to the local hospital which is very dirty (i will not complain about Malaysian hospital again) and was put on drips. I even ate raw prawns – small size shrimp which was soak in some Chinese alcohol. It taste fresh, cooling, like sashimi and good.; not fishy at all. What an adventure :)

No comments: