Sunday, June 30, 2013

CtrlAltDelete

Recently, G13 have established another subsidiary company that have the rights to form another retail format called the - G Express; a mini market format, something similar to the current players of convenience stores such as 7-11, Speed 99 and KK Mart. I don’t know what is going on with the top management but it was a hurried project. Have to rush for creating new supplier code, have to rush the suppliers to immediately sign back the legal papers, have to rush for creating store layout code, have to rush for creating item code, have to rush for delivery, have to rush for internal transfer – everything was a rush.

Then, as for me – on Thursday & Friday, I was on leave. I screwed the thing up because I forget to inform Isla to follow-up with the Finance guy on the new vendor code creation and I also forget to instruct the Finance guy to inform Isla once the code is done. So, it was all the way kelam-kabut on that Saturday morning. Because the newspapers & magazines cannot be scanned. Isla was already in panic mode. Leonardo ticked me off that I didn’t do a proper follow-up. The worst thing was Leonardo & Isla came back to the office on that Saturday morning to sort things out. I’m feel incredibly stupid. And guilty for causing trouble and problems to my boss. Leonardo have to clean up the mess that I have made. Celtic was trying to console me – saying that Leonardo was just too much. Everything was such a rush, in a hurry, no one can expect a perfect excecution, if the newspapers & magazines cannot be scanned, put it aside first, what's the big deal. The sales are not that gigantic enough to shake up the whole company’s P&L for a day. Let Leonardo do some work. Seriously, I hang my head in shame. I mismanaged the whole situation. I also need to take up the responsibilities. I hope after this case, Leonardo really can see that I can’t cope any much further. Up till now, Leonardo has yet to approach me on the Baldwin’s proposal. I believe for my position, Leonardo really need someone who can do it better than me. I am willing to let it go. I am willing to admit defeat. I really have tried my best.

No comments: