Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Chair Project

About a month or so – my Mom fell and twisted her ankle – domestic injury. Pretty bad, her ankle was swollen and she couldn’t walk comfortably. She even went to see a Chinese Tukang Urut or Sin Seh or Tit Ta. Now, what is very interesting is that during the 80s & 90s perhaps – many of these Tukang Uruts are actually an elderly man, working in a traditional Chinese Medical Hall where such shops are hot, full of traditional Chinese medical herbs smell, with stocks of provisions fill to its breams – but times have changed. Mom went to visit Osteo Care. It was like a modern clinic set-up, spacious, clean, air-condition and the people who are attending to the patients are all young professionals. I took a name card and this person has a qualification in Human Movements & Biomechanics. He calls himself a Consultant. Wow, how time has changed. Mom is getting better, still there is some niggling feeling. She has been putting lots of Chinese medicine on the ankle. We thought it was not that serious but the pain has been dragging for quite some time now. I have also been stepping up doing the house chores :) Not an expert, but manageable so far. See…I think now I have also move into another phase – taking care of my elderly parents. Understand why I need a house fast? But I also need to learn to be more resourceful, mindful, need to learn new domestic skills and not to over rely on them anymore longer. The reverse has happen :)

No comments: