Sunday, June 09, 2013

Darkness Fell

Shelter 101 Project – Bukit Raja – Sime Darby Properties – Qaseh >> nope, I didn’t manage to get it. Kasih tak kesampaian. I was hoping that I manage to get through the first round of the filtration process, then during the balloting process, it will solely based on luck. But to my own shock – I didn’t even manage to be selected during the first round process. I was really expecting it because I really thought that I was really qualified for this affordable home scheme. I was literally heartbroken, I was so sad, I felt my whole world came crumbling down. My face was twisted with frustration, black and had the inability to express any thoughts at all. It might have exceed my initial budget, the space is much bigger than I require, but I don’t have to pay for the maintenance fees, the sinking fund and the car park rentals over the long run. I know that I should not rush into such big purchases, but I somehow feel that time is not on my side. I called the Sime Darby Sales Office on a Saturday afternoon, and the voice on the other end told me that the balloting process have just come to an end. Bummer :(

First, my parents are getting elderly by the year. Getting up to the 5th floor is getting difficult for them. My Pa actually huffs & puffs now, compare to when he was much younger. Secondly, is the escalating house prices. The first 5 months of this year was pretty stabilized. Due to the impeding general elections, generally the prices did not fall drastically or being hike up drastically either. Many housing purchase transactions were being put on hold temporarily. Now, as the GE13 dusts have settled down, the housing market is back into active mode all over again. These days the prices have gone up unreasonably & unjustifiably. Luxury properties will see a downtrend as more people are talking more about affordable housing and mature markets. Thirdly, is the GST (Goods & Services Tax). It is yet to be implemented in Malaysia but if we pegged it at 7% like the Singaporean does – it really eats into the budget. And till now, I feel with GST – it is a mechanism that will help the government to increase its revenue but I do not see how it affects positively on ordinary people like me on our personal income taxation. Even in Indonesia, the Indonesians are already paying for GST but how does the Indonesian government actually manage & utilize its income funds remain to be seen. Mom have also ask me to call back the agent for the Seri Permata Part 2 unit – so I gave the agent two smses but no reply so far :(

Sigh…why is this being so difficult? Why is this getting harder?

No comments: