Sunday, June 29, 2014

Burger Junkyard




It’s been a crazy few weeks now. I’ve been so busy on various tasks that basically all of my free time has been spent on brooding, sulking, calculating and pulling my hair while grinding my teeth. Yeah, sometimes hard work can be…well…hard work. I was all over the place. Most times, it felt like I was scaling a difficult mountain of…as cliché as it may sound…finding myself and re-evaluating my priorities all over again.

We have a new CEO on board. Because, this new CEO has been based with the English previously in Korea, China and USA – thus the new CEO brings in a lot of the English point of reference, pace, momentum and flavor into G13. I think it’s a good change. Within the first few weeks, good changes can already been seen. Unlike, The General – headless chicken – no concrete changes at all. Only take us pusing the whole garden. I think with the arrival of the new CEO, is a good sign for better things to come. I love the immeadiate Press Ad changes – Your 7 Daily Favorites At Giant Prices and Super Sundays. The changes at the End Gondola. The EDLP. The new CEO likes to walk the floor too. Just like the French way. I don’t mind…but of course, during my time with the French, I am handling less skus…here…is just so overwhelming that I truly wants to give up. By the way, the English have more headcounts in their head office compare to G13. I am one-leg-kicking here. Sigh…let’s see how it goes…

No comments: