Sunday, January 18, 2015

All We Need To Know

The first step in becoming a truly good person as a follower of Christ is to stop pretending that we’re good on our own and to ask God to make us as good as we can be. We will fail many times, but He will keep growing us and changing us. God is faithful and – in His time and in His way – He’ll do it.

In his final years, the writer of Amazing Grace, John Newton, suffered from dementia and lamented the loss of his memory. Yet he confided, I do remember two things: I am a great sinner, and Jesus is a great Savior. When it comes to faith, those are the only things anyone needs to know.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

God’s grace accepted is God’s peace experienced.

No comments: