Sunday, January 25, 2015

Living Bridges

The Bible compares a person who trusts in God to a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river. Because its roots are well nourished, this tree survives soaring temperatures. And during drought it continues to yield fruit. Like a firmly rooted tree, people who rely on God have a sense of stability and vitality despite the worst circumstances. In contrast, people who place their trust in other humans often live with a sense of instability. The Bible compares them to desert shrubs that are frequently malnourished and stand alone. So it is with the spiritual lives of people who forsake God. Where are our roots? Are we rooted in Jesus? Are we a bridge that leads others to Him? If we know Christ, we can testify to this truth: blessed are those who trust in the Lord.

Jesus is all the world to me
My life, my joy, my all
He is my strength from day to day
Without Him I would fall.

Even strong trials cannot blow down a person who is rooted in God.

No comments: