Saturday, January 03, 2015

Certainties & Doubts can co-exist




I don’t like The Ice Queen…but now…thinking back…the range review report & the presentation…was not that hard to be completed anyway…I was limiting myself…I put the barrier in front of me…I use the excuse that the stationery category have too many skus to deal with in the first place…I said that now (BTS & Xmas) is the peak season for my business as an excuse…The Ice Queen report can be done…but the pace is just overwhelming.

Two things that I can take away from The Ice Queen is to have a teachable spirit and if you treat this business as your own, you can never go wrong. Sometimes…we are so in the zone that we become stubborn and reluctant. We find it more work, inconvenient and troublesome. But, we must change because times change, seasons change, things change & people also change. We cannot remain stagnant, we need to have improvement, we need to make progress.

Every negative event is a momentary setback. Success is never final, failure is never fatal. Whether good or bad, whatever I experience is never permanent. Realize that things happen because they happen, and then move on. Decide instead to keep calm to keep you moving forward. Be more curious than afraid. What bugs you the most may be what builds you the most, if you let it. Embrace change, uncertainties and the unexpected. Embrace life and its wonderful surprises. All it takes is a simple switch on how you see your world, and how you respond to it.

No comments: