Saturday, August 07, 2021

Transform My Thinking

Once again, Lord, I am guilty of taking credit for what You have done. I look at all the good things I have, and I applaud myself for hard work and smart choices. But even worse, I look at what I don't have and blame You. When I  can't afford what I want to buy, I conclude that You are stingy. When I feel unloved, I assume that You are withholding something good from me. And when people and circumstances are beyond my control, I blame You for being powerless. 

Transform my thinking, Lord, so I will learn to accept my guilt and give You my gratitude. Thank You for all the time You give me. Although there never seems to be enough to accomplish all my own purposes, I know there is all I need to accomplish Yours. 

Thank You for all the truth You've revealed. Although it is more than I can know or hold, I know it is more than enough to uphold me. May the yearnings I cannot satisfy lift me up - not pull me down. May they lead me to heaven - not tie me to earth. May they enable me to please You - not enslave me in futile attempts to please myself.    

 

No comments: