Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mr. President


Barack Obama – young, not tainted and full of ideas. But what excites me most about him, is that he's multicultural and he is willing to talk to anybody and to listen and to solve. He has Kenyan parentage, an American mother, he had an Indonesian stepfather, he lived in Indonesia and has Malaysian relatives. That's what I love. Barack Obama has given hope to all in the world that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. For whatever her sins, America has once again led the world. It has shown that it will choose the best man for the job whatever the color. Meritocracy rules. That is why whatever happens they always are able to innovate be it Apple or Google or eBay or Hollywood. Because they allow free speech which allows free minds which allows innovation and meritocracy. Unlike here – we vote for the ruling party but not the Prime Ministership. The month of March is going to be very interesting for this country as the current PM will be stepping down.
‘Suddenly all my big plans for myself didn't seem so important anymore. I soon found that the greatest joy in my life was the joy I saw in yours. And I realized that my own life wouldn't count for much unless I was able to ensure you had every opportunity for happiness and fulfillment in yours…that's why I ran for president’ – Barack Obama on his daughters.

** The RM99.90 Bike – only sold 110 units over the weekend.

I expect the crowd to go ‘WOW’ but it didn’t. It was very discouraging.

No comments: