Sunday, January 11, 2009

my greatest love is you

Even after yesterday’s good tennis workout session, a good book read, watching the yummy hunks in ‘Big Shot’ and the steamy love affairs of the women in ‘Lipstick Jungle’ – my anger have yet to be subside. I am still boiling! The more I think about it, the angrier I get! I really want to throw in the towel already. I don’t want to play this game anymore.
This month alone – Iron Butterfly have put me in the hot soup thrice.
My credibility is at stake and my reputation is finished. It’s all very easy for Iron Butterfly, once the expatriate contract ends, Iron Butterfly will fly home and I will face all the shit.

The first screw-up was the Tropicana project. The Shopping Mall Department wants to take up the Electrical Department space – therefore, the Electrical Department will eat into the HouseHold Department, the HouseHold Department will eat into the Textile Department, the Textile Department will eat into the Stationary Department and the Stationary Department will eat into my Sports Department. Thus, my department will become smaller. As the size shrink – I do not have enough open floor display for my Golf & Noro Counter. I have to turn them away.
Imagine if you are the Noro supplier – you have set-up the place beautifully, your merchandise are in, you have change all of the props which the client have complained earlier and you have all of your promoters on stand-by mode for the grand opening which was due in 3 days time.

Now imagine me – my hands were trembling, my voice was shaking, my heart was stuck in my throat, my chest was all tight and in an embarrassment tone, I have to tell Noro that they have to come and collect their stock back, I have no place for you. How will the Noro supplier think of me?! They will think what kind of buyer is this! Don’t know how to conduct a business is it?!
I swear Jade & Willie really wants to kill me on the spot after I broke the bad news to them.
Luckily for the Golf Counter – we manage to find a space for them outside from the store but the location – it’s very shitty; next to the trolleys bay! Golf & trolleys together? The Golf prestige will go down to the drain.

The second incident was when the Bicycle Supplier decides to pull out all of its promoters in Tropicana. Before the launch, we told everyone that the Bicycle Supplier will provide 6 promoters. Word got spread out and all of the other stores were demanding if they could have the promoters as well. Then, my local suppliers found out about it. And now; not even 2 months – the Bicycle Supplier (which is Iron Butterfly’s Business Partner) decides to withdraw. Imagine how my store people will feel? I really let them down. I didn’t fight for them. I didn’t negotiate for them. If this Bicycle Supplier were of my own – I would have slap and screw them upside down – unfortunately they are not. They are Iron Butterfly’s own people. I don’t want to rock the boat at that time; I don’t want to put my Boss in a difficult position. But now, I shall rebel!

The third interesting story is the Bicycle stockholding – I rather have a short-term pain then a long-term pain. But no, Iron Butterfly says no clearance, don’t want to hurt our margin…and look at what is happening right now. Hundreds of bicycles; worth half a million dollars or more are lying in the 2 warehouses and at the store level. My name is already blacklisted. This year my ambition is to sell Bicycles!
And to make things worst – Celtic & Stewart inform Iron Butterfly that I cannot take in all of this anymore longer and wants to quit! Maybe I should do exactly just that! I know that Iron Butterfly will not ask me to stay. Iron Butterfly would rather keep Celtic. I am not making myself inferior. Life is like that...you may be better than someone else but there is also someone else who is much more better than you.

ANGRY!
It is difficult to stay upbeat amidst the demands, the expectations, the threats, the slander, the misconception, the accusations and the general lack of trust I perceived from other people and from myself.
Perhaps I should follow, embrace the life commitment, the incredible words of the Apostle Paul:
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!
I will soar above this storm. I have to.


So sad! Liverpool's Steven Gerrard reacts after missing a late opportunity during his team's English Premier League soccer match 0-0 draw against Stoke City at The Britannia Stadium, Stoke :(


No comments: