Saturday, December 18, 2010

clash of the titans

Attended Rufus’s wedding in Tapah – Natalie, Tin Min, Damian & myself make a short road trip up north. It was a beautiful wedding, fill with great food; especially the chunky satay meat and it was nice to catch-up with some of the Sales Managers, Division Managers, Store Directors from the store team & the Suppliers that came that day. So happy for Rufus :)

This is the person that gave me the kick start to my corporate career with the French. The best individual I have ever worked with. The best support you can ever find in a work place. We are good friends and enjoy working together. I will always remember and miss the battles we fought together. The way we always stood up for and took care of each other. The way we always shared knowledge and helped one another. The stories and memories of our adventures that we will laugh about for the rest of our lives. I wouldn’t be where I am today without Rufus's friendship and guidance. No matter what others say, I know Rufus have to do what that needs to be done at that time. They will never understand. Wait till Snow Petrol, Felix & Celtic have the opportunity to be in Rufus’s position, then they will know & understand. Now, they only know how to criticize, bad-mouthed and complain. I want to see how good they are.
As for me, I have to be neutral and be in the middle ground as I am serving different Masters now. I can really feel that Snow Petrol is hating me to the max now. Anything & everything, Snow Petrol will refer to Felix and bypassing me. And that sarcastic tone. So annoying. We shall see.
The truth is, no one ever got promoted purely because of hard work. Likability, strategic thinking, networking, being a team player are but a few of the other factors that go into crafting a successful career.

Final wedding for this year – Jeffrey & Theresa. Was a beautiful wedding filled with so much love :)

No comments: