Tuesday, December 07, 2010

you may say that i'm a dreamer


Once in a while when my day ends in a less desirable conditions, I will go home mumbling to myself, being depressed, mentally listing down all of the things that I could have done better at the work place. In almost all of these situations I realize that the day didn't turn out so well because - somewhere, somehow, at some point in time during the day, I made a compromise with myself and allowed the cynical confusions of what the world wants of me to take over myself. Honest, somewhat honest, very honest, does it matter? At the end of the day, the verdict's out. We've all failed in our quest to create the ideal world, because, at some point in time, someone makes the choice to compromise, and that, has made all the differences.
The moment the words fell out of my mind, I just realized how sinfully well I've treaded the path of the rat-racer. How well I've played the cards dealt to me, and how disgustingly cunning of a fox I've become, to the point that I've blurred the path being that shrewd corporate mix and the idealistic individual who wants to build an ideal world for everyone. Frustration will follows when you're bent to impossible positions. So you see I don't really like to lie, or kiss ass, or tell the donkey he's a horse, but alas, sometimes, a woman's got to do what a woman has to do just to earn her monthly keep. I don't pretend that I'm perfect.

No comments: