Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Shark in the Water"

It's the end of the yingze’s era…now it’s a new beginning under the Edwardian reign. I have finished doing my handover of my portfolio (D33: Bicyele, Camping, Sports & Nautism and D34: Live Plants & Live Pets) to Edward…hopefully Edward can bring my babies to greater heights. These may be small categories but they hold such a big potential. Edward has a very impressive resume…with a background in stastistics, strong experience in Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, have worked in New Zealand retail business for several years, Edward is someone who is passionate about life, a hard & serious worker with a good sense of responsibility, excellent command in English and is always organized & timely. My babies are in safe hands.

I am not being boastful here…from August 2008 till October 2010…the figures may not be the best internally, but my performance (representing the French) was the best in the retail market. Now all of my competitors are copying me. I am glad that I have set such a benchmark for them to follow. I also feel very lucky and blessed that I was a part of this strong Team Baz. Managing the portfolios was a dream. Even for D34 – I manage to find a new pet supplier to push up the sales and also developed a new sub-category: water fountain for garden landscape purposes. Thank you GOD for holding me together. I would not have walk this far.

Now it’s time for me to move on. Yes, life’s been absolutely full-on the last couple of weeks. And, the last couple of days even packed in some extra punch in all sorts of ways. In fact, things had been so crazy that I sort of lost this little ‘happy place’ that I’ve been in for a while. And, the knowledge that the next couple of months will probably continue to get crazier is even overwhelming me a bit right now. We will be getting our 2011 financial budget, new set of contracts to be negotiated, new directions & strategies etc. Sometimes I become overly caught up with these everyday routine that I haven’t slowed down enough to think and plan carefully. So it’s the time again where I need to find a little quiet space in between to evaluate and plan...and these will help to refresh and empower my overall well being. I need to start to envision again...I dream lots... it's never a bad thing :) It gives me direction; it shows me my ultimate goals and the many precious memories I hope to achieve in my future. The near futures are my life hurdles...the distant futures are the beautiful triumphant days which make difficult times worth all the effort.

I am celebrating opportunities :)

1 comment:

C said...

Hey! So where are you moving to?? You're still with the french co.?

Er...I didn't know NZ had a retail market at all...not with shops closing at 5pm, and only 1 night out of a week for late night shopping. I bet he's got a lot to learn about Malaysian consumer psychology/behaviour too?

Opportunities never knock twice =D and if they do you know it's your destiny..hahahaha...

Wish some would knock on my door instead of me searching for them.
Hahaha it's good to know that your rivals are copying you. Means you did something really great =D