Sunday, December 26, 2010

Crime and Punishment

I'm on board :)

How could they? How could anyone do such things? How could you live with yourself afterwards? And how must it feel to be a child whose parent is doing that to you? I keep asking myself why some of us can do such things, but I have no answers to them. I was not brought up with a strong Christian faith but I know that GOD loves his children very much. But I wonder…if GOD truly loves little children so much, why does he let them suffer so heinously? So inhumane. I used to feel that every criminal, no matter how violent they are, should be given the chance to rehabilitated and contribute back to the society. I certainly never supported the death penalty – now I wonder if there can be any punishment too great for those who maim, rape or murder innocent little children. Lets declared that these children voices does matter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

1. Unicef is amazing!

2. i think god has a "dont" intrude policy on alot of awful things :(

Ken Goree said...

The solution starts with courageous people who don't look the other way, and do follow up to make sure the authorities follow through. "The authorities" are good people too, unfortunately distractions can cause them to drop the ball. Our job is to be persistent and politely follow up, and follow up, and follow up.

I read an article that said that effective rehabilitation happens before the end of puberty. Giving second (and third, fourth fifth) chances to violent offenders in their early teens is not doing them any favors (and "charm" is often what causes these extra chances). If they don't get that help before they finish puberty, they are almost certain to continue to re-offend.

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with "don't intrude" I do agree with "courageous people". Its important and simply beautiful that you put things out on the table the way you do! I was just looking around for interesting people. Glad I came across your blog. I love to see the world through the eyes of other people. Keep up the good work!

C said...

i'm glad you're on board =D!!