Friday, January 20, 2012

Big Smile, No Teeth

It is only the first month of the year and we already have someone leaving the team…so sad...we said our goodbye to Miss Melissa Liu :( We had our farewell lunch at Sakae Sushi which was awesome. Melissa’s duration with us have been a very short stint; less than 2 months. I assume that she could not adapt to our - either the business model, working & industry culture or the processes. Or perhaps it could have been for any other reasons as well. I got further de-motivated when I heard that Snow Petrol have also tendered as well. Someone who is make of such strong character who also decides to leave is not a good sign as well.

I’m into this job for more than 3 years now, and all of my other peers have moved on. Only left Stewart & myself. Actually, I am very disappointed today. Up until now, I still haven’t received my official letter from Juan Carlos yet. I reminded Juan Carlos altogether four times now. Juan Carlos says that the HR Department is working on it and I may have to wait until April for the increment due to my Performance Appraisal have to be conducted first and then the increment will be backdated and given back to me. Which I think it is not fair because this is a promotion after all. When Juan Carlos promoted me to Trainee Division Manager last year, we didn’t even have to wait for the performance appraisal season. So, why this time around is different? I somehow find it to be not fair and not justified. It's not that I don't trust Juan Carlos or the company...so many things have happen, which explains why I am so skeptical. Anything can happen between now, leading to April. If the rumors are confirmed to be true, then I will surely be at a disadvantage in the end. They should not have given me such high hopes in the first place. If I have to wait for my increment in April…might as well I stick to my Furniture portfolio until April. Why transfer me so fast to D33? Now, I have to handle & manage the whole division. The department's situation is not that bright looking as well. I have worked so hard this month, move my game a gear up, getting myself into solving all of the problems & embrace all of the unnecessary stress that comes with it and I ended up with nothing. The title kononya is Division Manager, but I’m only a tin kosong. I feel so foolish now. It got me thinking…perhaps I should have answer the Japanese opportunity…but working on Saturday is also not my cup of tea. I regret that now. Should’ve replied earlier. Now, I have a muted wage growth. Never mind, I believe that my mighty GOD will provide for me eventually.

No comments: