Saturday, January 14, 2012

my heart is as big as ham

The whole month of December last year, I was really busy clearing off all of my pending holiday leaves because the French’s employees are no longer allowed to carried forward any of their leaves anymore :( Besides that, I was also in a hurry to do my handover of my D31 Furniture Portfolio to John Doe.

Yup, I have decided to take up the challenge of going back to D33, returning to the department that I have started out in 2008, to the department that I have grown up…and this time around, I am returning back to D33 as the new Division Manager, replacing Rufus & Aurora. The department is in a very critical situation, is in a big pile of mess, the suppliers feel that they have been cheated, conned one way or the other, some of them even decide to terminate the business with us & decide to pursue legal actions, the store team is feeling demotivated, the selling floor space have shrunk a lot, and many many more urgent issues. This, I will documented later on as I make progress or no progress along the way. I want to do the re-consturction at my own pace, even though I know that the time is not on my side. Now that the underdog has risen to the top, I have a feeling that everyone also wants to see me tumbling down as well. Everyone’s trying to tug at me and take my spot. Like Floyd Mayweather, he’s the best boxer in the world right now. Now, he is a champion. Every time he goes to a fight now, people are like, 'He’s going to lose this time'. When Juan Carlos make the official announcement, I didn’t even get an applause :( Sigh, they really hates me. It was so different compare to the time when Snow Petrol announced that I was being promoted to Senior Category Manager, taking over the Furniture Portfolio, I remembered that everyone around the table gave me a big clap. Now…its either that they are in shock, surprise or envy. I am not coming back here to be a hero or to prove anything. I am just coming back to help the department, to help the team, to help Juan Carlos and to grow myself further professionally & personally. People have to understand that. I think I can publish a book on this in the future :)

And yes, I finally get to meet John Doe in person – the English's Furniture buyer...now ex-buyer...my one time nemesis in the furniture retail-hyper-market. And now, we are in the same team after Juan Carlos has hired him. I think Juan Carlos still have the perception that Furniture is best handle by a man instead of a woman. I figured that John Doe is way smarter than he looks. A young man who believed in doing real work. Had a great persona about him. Very honest, wonderful, most considerate, personal and straight-forward individual. Reminds me a lot of Patrick, because the both of them are so skinny. Nonetheless, with John Doe’s extensive knowledge, his experience and his mature age…I think my baby is in safe hands :)

No comments: