Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Amazing Everyday

A few weeks ago, I bumped into my company Legal Director in the lift. I don’t even know the Legal Director personally, only on a Hi & Bye basis…then this week, I’ve received the news that the Legal Director have passed away due to cancer :( The Legal Director can be considered as successful, young (early 40s) and also a very capable employee. This is indeed a very sad news.

Death is a daily occurring phenomenon. I would like to fill my coming days with more love and less negative emotions every day. I think I will be happy and I will lead a better life. And the most valuable trait of all is to cherish life. It really is bloody damn short. I feel it’s an important philosophy to have, as I step into the dawn of my 30s. See, life can be a tiring rollercoaster ride at times. As a kid…as a younger person, roller coaster rides are easy, and fun, and the dangers of the twists & turns beckon you because the excitement and thrills are the things that we naturally seek. But as we grow older, and as life keeps hitting and banging you with its version of the roller coaster twists and turns, it's easy to become jaded, and to shy away from challenges. To stay safe and to fall back on the first excuse that comes to hand, 'I'm old already. These things are not for me.' But because life is indeed short, I think we should push through it and to enjoy life to the fullest. I believe that there are things that we must do before going 6 feet under. Thus, this year I have created a Bucket List where I have list down the things that I wanted to do.

But of course, as I plod along in life, as each turn greets me with its several choices, I choose to have them be simpler and smaller, more 'manageable' selections. But inside of me, I've never quite lost that faith in believing that little choice of action that might affect the course of history, in a positive way :) This is why I've chosen to do what I do, work where I work. It's not a big deal, because there are many people like me, but among my own circle of friends, I've got people questioning my choices, and wondering why I took the step that I did. I've never quite spoken about it here in my blog before, because, over the years, I've learnt to appreciate the value of privacy.

Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD :) I feel alive today. Really, truly alive.

No comments: