Sunday, February 19, 2012

the Open Door Tour

Work Tales – I have finally received my Official Letter. After weeks of waiting for it anxiously. I have faith that it will arrive, but with your mom playing the devil’s advocate role…it does shake my belief a little :) But I am very glad that the wait is over for now. There is a closure to it. Thank you GOD, Praise to the LORD, Bless you GOD. However, the salary increment does not even meet my minimum requirement, but then again; with a 20% adjustment…it’s better than nothing. And definitely, I will use this blessing to bless more people in my life.

I will be 30 this year – What’s Next? I certainly have no idea. Coming back to D33 was to help the team, to help the division, to help both Stewart & Juan Carlos…perhaps, once I have finished laying down the foundation, passing down the necessary knowledge & skills to William & Henry…maybe it will be the right time for me to move somewhere else, outside of the retail box; hopefully. I would have liked to have made my decision earlier but this is still isn’t clear to me yet. It’s a personal question. I need to find the motivation to continue and it is still isn’t clear. I'm quite undecided on how I feel about this. It doesn't help that I work in a very goal and results driven organization, where we're constantly setting impossible targets and then pushing the limits to achieve them ahead of schedule. I think the entire psyche of 'Chasing Goals' is so embedded into my very being that sometimes, times like now, I'm just exhausted and I just crave...crave for that single MINUTE where I can totally erase it off my mind and hope that minute will lasts an eternity.

"Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with good grace all that you are not" - Henry Frederick Emile.

No comments: