Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cabbages & Roses

I have discovered a SECRET – the secret on why Jonas actually left G13 for the French. When I saw Lee Nee on board at the French last year and hearing the news that Jonas will be joining in as well, I was very worried. If I stayed with the French, I will be damned. If I leave, I also will be damned. I didn’t have a third option. Why am I afraid? Both of these individuals are mature-aged people, they have been with G13 between 8 to 10 years; people don’t leave their comfort zone just like that. I thought there was something wrong; either with their bosses or the company. I didn't want to jump from one fire to another fire. I understand why Lee Nee have no choice but to leave...Lee Nee did not get along well with her lady boss. With Jonas, there was no reason for Jonas to do so. And when I was onboard in G13, I still cannot find a reason on why Jonas wants to leave. Now I know why; after having a private conversation with one of the suppliers. It was not about Leonardo, it was not about Mr. Jan Vet; as a matter of fact, both of these superiors love & pamper Jonas to the max. Jonas has great chemistry with all of the G13 fellow colleagues and suppliers. The working environment was enjoyable. The truth of Jonas leaving is because of the salary & benefits. Previously, Jonas has received positive & encouraging increment, but over the years, the numbers have decline. The sales trend also didn’t pick up, the budget was getting higher by the year to acheive, thus Jonas was unable to hit them as well. When you cannot hit the numbers, you don't get your bonuses. Fair play. It was a move that Jonas have plan over the recent years. It was not an impulse decision. It was a well-thought plan. And last year, in Jonas drawer, I found the name card of the English’s Director Of Trading (Miss Siew Mei) and the Japanese Stationery Division Head (Miss Lai Mun). My sources also told me that Jonas went for these interviews. Apparently, the English side rejected Jonas because Jonas was not aggresive enough for them. Whoever from the French who interview Jonas, the name card was missing. I guess in the end, Jonas selected the French :)

Well, at least I have my answers now :) No longer being curious and wondering why...sort of like a closure for me. Jonas is a wonderful talent; a great strategist & tactician. Jonas has a great pace, strength, power, flexible. So it is really exciting to see another great product from G13; making a contribution in the Malaysia retail industry. Jonas’s quality is always there, at the top, top level.

No comments: