Saturday, February 16, 2013

Go Ugly Early

'Learn to love your current job, while waiting/searching for your dream job' – this quote from the Saturday’s The Star Newspaper ‘myStarjob.com’ really hits me. No doubt, I am bored with my current job and really want a new breakthrough, but this quote reminds me that I still have a job to do. And who knows, I might fell in love all over again with this job that I used to be so passionately love, excited and care about. Or, maybe the more time that I spent on it, I will be able to find my rhythm again. Like Rocky Balboa from the movie Rocky III – he try to get back his Eye Of The Tiger – that hunger, that motivation (it was a damn good theme song from the movie, done by the group called Survivor, on the request of the Italian Stallion himself – Sylvester Stallone). Even though, I am not really that excellent on my job, I still can execute my task decently enough to contribute and nonetheless, it still pays me well and more importantly, I still have a job that pays for everything. I just feel a little bit discontented. I work hard, am very serious and am happy with what I do. I have peace of mind and my head is high, but there is pressure really to come out from the hole. Knowing when to go is also important too. Leaving before one is told to leave is the hallmark of a great leader who puts cause before self. I also did not know whether I can ever recover from all of this as well, maybe I will, maybe I won’t. If I do not recover, I am afraid that I will compromise the team again.

Will I succeed in finding my dream job which I think that I will like, that I can do well in and can prevent stagnation? Ahh...it’s important to have faith then :) All this will pass. Santiago (from the Alchemist) landed in a strange land that speaks a foreign language, loss all of his money but he was brave enough to re-start all over again with nothing. He can just focus on finding his treasure. Santiago has learned a lot of new things. Some of them were things that he had already experienced and weren’t really new, but that he had never perceived before. And he hadn’t perceived them because he had become accustomed to them as they were familiar. I should be just relaxed & unhurried. I am not a victim of circumstances; I am an adventurer on a quest. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

"Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success, flat stretches of boring routine and valleys of frustration and failure” – Calvin & Hobbes :)

No comments: