Sunday, February 24, 2013

love in the buff

I am still reading on the ‘The Alchemist’.
One of the topics that I come across in the book recently that I want to share here, is about CHANGE. Change in the Marketing or Management books will often take a very commercialize & corporate perspective while I find the interpretation here is more humane.
I guess one of the reason that I truly enjoy reading this book is because the current struggles that I have right now is very similar to Santiago’s and Santiago manage to articulately relate his experience & perspective…it’s like he is speaking & thinking on my behalf. It was an awakening. A wake up call. I remembered from the very last time, that I was in so much of misery and life became so hard, that all of a sudden that I finally realized that no one’s life was meant to be perfect.

CHANGE. Actually, I think everybody love change. People change their hair color, they change their nail polish color, they change their hair styles, they change handbags, they change fashions etc. People only hate change when they do not have control over it. People who cannot accept change is because they can’t control it. They don’t know how to deal with change. They are in their own comfort zone. They are in their own routine. They are used to the way they are. I think when I first arrive at G13 last year, I was also resisting to change whether I realized it or not. I was not brave enough to face everything. I think I shy away from many instances. I was not adaptable as I think I was.

But Today I am ready for Change. I am ready for the next level. I am ready for the big thing. I am ready for the new breakthroughs in my life. I am ready for the unknown. I am prepared to face both of the positive & negative consequences. Even, if there are people who are telling me that I’m inept. Because I have Faith. As easy as that. If it’s GOD’s word, I believe it, that’s settle it.

I really envy those people, if and when they make a mistake at work or in their life, it doesn’t affect them too much. But I have to live with my mistake. But right now, most importantly, I must always know what it is that I want. GOD, I will wait patiently for that right job, I will not abandon & forsake my current job as it still pay for my daily needs. I will also learn to enjoy the whole process. Please remove all of the barriers and hindrance and allows myself to be more open, to be fully embrace of the situation, more allowing…I want to be Brave, I want to Realize my Personal Legend, to Realized my Dream; both on the professional & personal level. I have decided that I don’t want to keep on falling. If my dream is fulfilled, I’ll still have reasons to go on living because then I will have other things to fulfill :)

I don’t want to be like the Crystal Merchant in the book – he knows he can do much more but he refuse to because he will not know how to manage it when it comes. I will know how to manage it when Change comes. I like to think that I’ve lived my life fearlessly too :)

No comments: