Monday, May 04, 2015

Put It To The Test

If you are confused about something that God is doing – or not doing – in your life, than I invite you to apply the principles we have been discussing over these past days. Take the indirect approach – focus not so much on your problem as on the nature and character of God. Remind yourself of who and what He is – and that He can do nothing contrary to His character. Gaze one by one upon His glorious attributes. If you do exactly as I suggest, I promise you that you will see your problem from a different perspective. Gradually you will find it shrinking to its rightful proportions. If, on the voyage of life, we need fixed points from which to take our bearings, then we Christians have the most reliable of them all – one of them being the goodness and graciousness of God.

Here in this maddening maze of things,
When tossed by storm and flood,
To one fixed ground my spirit clings,
I know that God is good.

O Father, I stand in awe of Your goodness. Help me to know it and understand it more and more. And not only this, but every aspect of Your great and glorious character. In Christ’s name I ask it. Amen.

No comments: