Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Wait! Wait! Wait!




Tonight I did my devotion…don’t know why my tears were flowing so freely…I was so fragile...I guess…on one hand…I know that I am very blessed…I could be very unfortunate…but God have blessed me abundantly…yet…there are growing problems here and there. Papa Ham & Work.

When can I escape from The Witch? Is it all doom & gloom God? I don’t know how bad the damage is…when The Witch will explode…

At such times we become ‘a corn of wheat afraid to die’.
But as we are seeing, where there is no death, there can be no life.
Outside the furrow we remain safe, warm, comfortable – and unfruitful.

First we shall consider what I am calling ‘divine delays’ – those periods of life to which God leads us when it seems that nothing is happening and that His purposes for our lives are temporarily shelved. Perhaps you are at this point at this very moment. If so, don’t panic – God’s delays are not His denials. Our Master has a purpose in everything He does. You must believe that, even though your fears scream the opposite.

One of the most difficult things to do in the Christian life is to wait for God’s purposes to come to pass. Sometimes they take so long to materialize that we find ourselves getting vexed and frustrated. Have you heard about the Christian who prayed – Lord, give me patience…and I want it right now? Wouldn’t you rather do anything than wait? A man told a Christian counselor I know: waiting for God to bring His purpose to pass is the biggest problem I face in my Christian life; there is something within me that would rather do the wrong thing than wait. As waiting for God to bring about His purposes is more the rule than the exception in the Christian life, we had better learn what God has in mind when His red light flashes out the signal - Wait! Wait! Wait!

O Father, teach me to trust You when Your plans and purposes for my life are seemingly delayed. I confess that impatience is one of the most difficult things for me to ‘die’ to. I cannot do it on my own. Help me, my Father. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: