Sunday, October 06, 2013

Cheers To Arthur

Work Tales – space constraint is one of the major problems that my portfolio is facing. Under the old management, all kinds of standee are allow on the selling floor – from books, magazines, greeting cards, wall charts, gift wrappers, stickers to key chains. However, under the new management – these Mat Sallehs claim that they are visual polluters. I agree to a certain extent, if the standees are not standardize and are in a very messy arrangement. However, if they are neatly arranged, it can really create the visual display and the branding impact. Because of the standees removal, many of this service items have to go or they are park back into the home bay which takes up the current existing outright space. The sales of these service items may not be that big, they are service items; as they are being called because there are still customers looking for them. Then the new Operations Director is a champion for bulk display. I agree. Sometimes, in order to have the sales, we need to have the volume to go hand-in-hand too. But this Operations Director changes all of the small offer bins of 2x3m to 4x4m. Those black bins are huge. My items are small. If they are to fit into the bins, my department will be overstock. Even if there are dummy display. All of the offer bins in my department have been remove. I have highlighted this issue to Leonardo on several ocassion. The only solution that Leonardo gave me was – to continue to email to the store team and to ask them to find the space.

I have email the store team several reminders. On the last email, I even make a cc copy to Ursula. So to my surprise and delight, before I left for my Taiwan trip…the Shah Alam Stadium store suddenly have 2 offer bins back in my department. I check with my Department Head, he was instructed to open out the 2 offer bins by the Area Manager. So, when I came back from my holidays – I thank Ursula for it; plus a thank you gesture too. I wanted to see Ursula reaction. Surprisingly, Ursula didn’t take the credit. She just smiles away and says maybe Leonardo also helps out to disseminate the email. Strange…Ursula always likes being in the spotlight, taking the credits and having her air muka in tip-top condition. But I think I scored a brownie point here – I make Ursula thinks that I think very highly of her. I am indebted to her for helping me out. It’s funny. Hahaha…

No comments: