Sunday, October 06, 2013

make what matters

Work Tales – oh my gosh – I actually told Ursula that I think that we are on the same wave length :( If we are not on the same wave length, at least we are at the same page. Oh my gosh, I actually blurted that out loud. How can this be possible at this stage?! What actually happen was, while I was away, one of the stores requested to sell magazines. At least, this Ursula knows how to ask back the store – where is the location? Is the store going to use the store assets or the supplier assets? I say that unlike Leonardo – Leonardo will just ask me to bring in the stocks first, let the store find the space. Don't worry too much about it. Leonardo is too diplomatic with the store team. Always pleasing them. On the other hand, Ursula likes to discipline the store team and ensure that the store team follows her tempo. I totally disagree with Leonardo's method of managing things. I always felt that both the buyers and the store need to select the right space. For example, even the store downstairs of our office; I think that the magazine location is totally wrong. If the customers do not pass by the last few check-out counters, they don’t even know that we sell magazines. It’s ok for the smaller stores; like the supermarket format as the magazines bay will be more visible, but not for the hypermarket format. Then the magazines are place after the check-out counter. If the customers indeed want to buy the magazines, the customers have to walk back to pay for the goods, it’s a hindrance for them to walk back and queue up again. Thus, it’s very important to have the magazines to be park back in the stationery department. Customers can take and pay at 1 go. I certainly hope that Ursula can fight for standardization for the magazines, newspapers and the gift wrappers.

Yeah, I also feel a little bit bad inside – I indirectly kutuk and cucuk Leonardo :(

No comments: