Sunday, October 06, 2013

facing the music & living to talk about it

Work Tales – funny, when I was not around, if Ursula have any enquiries at all, Ursula (by right) should have approach Leonardo personally and ask Leonardo about it. Leonardo has all the information that Ursula needs. Instead of asking Isla or waiting for me to come back. Isla also notices that. It’s like Ursula & Leonardo not ngam like that. OK, both of them are indeed not that ngam, but I don’t think Leonardo is also that kecil hati either. Leonardo will be gracious enough to help in any way possible. There are 2 issues that Ursula is really concern right now. First, is the overstock issue. Why the department never had a clearance exercise before? Luckily Isla answered that we indeed came out with a Clearance List. It was Leonardo who puts it on hold. Claiming that we have to wait for our turn to do the massive clearance excercise. We cannot do it at once, in case we disrupt the whole department's margin performance. Then the clearance issue was forgotten. Secondly, the incoming container stocks for BTS and Christmas. Ursula did question me; who did the selection? Who makes the commitment? I answered – both Leonardo and myself. Leonardo feels the department needs some refreshing assortment, need additional stocks to push up the sales. I (on the other hand) have told Leonardo and believe very strongly that indent stocks should support the flat price project on the quarterly basis and also during the Mini BTS and Year End BTS. I also apologized that I didn’t do a good job in appointing a local supplier to re-look into doing the flat price project locally with better margin. And since I was so sien under Leonardo, whatever Leonardo wanted to do, I couldn’t be bothered at all. This, Ursula did call Leonardo personally. Ursula ask Leonardo why the stocks was not assigned to East Malaysia stores to ease the heavy stock load of the West Malaysia stores – Leonardo answered that the stocks was minimal and it was insufficient even for the West Malaysia stores to sell. Sending the stocks to East Malaysia...yeah, how come I didn't thought about this?

Actually, I think Ursula is very cunning. Ursula has her sources; both internally and externally. Ursula is just cross-checking whether I am telling the truth or not. Whether I am still hiding anything from her. In a nutshell, Ursula also wants me to say something bad about Leonardo. I don’t have to lie. The figures are all there for all to see. Ursula can run the report and make the conclusion herself. Leonardo has already wash hand and doesn’t care about the Stationery Department anymore. We don’t even talk to each other these days. No point in finger pointing at all. I will be the gentleman here and take the fall. I don’t want to trouble Leonardo and I cannot upset Ursula.

No comments: